Whether you’re going camping or surviving in the wilderness, having some firestarters will make your life so much easier. Imagine it’s damp and a bit windy outside. Even if you find some tinder, you’ll have a hard time getting it to burn, much less keeping it burning long enough to ignite your kindling.
But if you have some highly flammable firestarters with you, getting a good fire going will be a piece of cake. There are many types of firestarters, but sawdust firestarters are particularly effective. And in this video, Tactical Intelligence explains how to make them.
Want to save this post for later? Click Here to pin it on Pinterest!
Here’s what you need:
- Ice cube trays
- Wax (paraffin is good, but you can use another type)
- A pot for melting the wax
Here’s what to do:
- Melt the wax in the pot.
- Fill the ice cube trays with sawdust.
- Pour the melted wax into the trays with the sawdust.
- Put the tray into the freezer for about 15 minutes.
- Get them out and they’re ready to go.
These firestarters work really well. As you’ll see, they will burn even if it’s a bit windy and sprinkling outside. Watch the video below to learn more.
Want to prep but not sure where to begin?
Click Here to Get Your FREE One Year Urban Survival Plan!