Every prepper knows it’s a great idea to stockpile ammunition when preparing for a major disaster. You can use it for hunting, self-defense, or barter. But which types of ammo should you stockpile? If you plan on bartering, then you don’t want a bunch of calibers that nobody wants. And that’s just one consideration.
In this video, Reality Survival & Prepping talks about what he thinks are the 5 best types of ammunition to stockpile for a collapse.
Want to save this post for later? Click Here to Pin It on Pinterest!
Want to prep but not sure where to begin?
Click Here to Get Your FREE One Year Urban Survival Plan!
Here are his picks:
- .22 LR – Very common, good for hunting small game, very light and small.
- 9mm Luger – Great for self-defense, fits in a wide variety of handguns.
- 5.56×45mm or .223 Remington – Also very common, cheap and effective.
- .308 Winchester – Widely used, works in AR10 and bolt-action platforms.
- 12 Gauge – You can do a lot with it — hunt, defend yourself, etc.
In the video below he makes a much more detailed case for each caliber. What do you think of this list?