This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase, I'll earn a small fee at no extra cost to you.*
SHTF is by far the most popular acronym in the prepper community, but what exactly would cause SHTF? What sort of crises should we be on the alert for? In this video by Reality Survival, JJ Johnson talks about 10 realistic disasters that could happen at any time.
If nothing else, this list will remind you why being a prepper is so important. Here’s the list in order from most probable to least probable (in JJ’s opinion):
1. High Probability Weather Events – Tornadoes, hurricanes, ice storms, flooding, etc.
2. Job Loss – With the rise of AI, more and more jobs are being replaced by machines.
3. Apathy and Complacency – When people don’t pay attention to their government, they tend to lose their rights.
4. Massive Cyber Attack – WWIII could be fought with computers instead of bombs.
5. Pandemic – We are way overdue for a major pandemic that kills off millions of people.
6. Economic Collapse – The problems that caused the Great Recession were never fixed.
7. Digital Currency – This would give the government far too much control over people.
8. Civil War – Sadly, the tension between the left and right in America is worse than ever.
9. Invasion by China – Not very likely, but they are the one country that has the numbers.
10. Massive Solar Flare – It might not happen soon, but it’s guaranteed to happen eventually.
I encourage you to watch the full video below to hear JJ elaborate on these things, and also be sure to check out his other videos on Youtube.