Vaseline (the most popular brand name for petroleum jelly) is surprisingly useful when it comes to disaster preparedness and survival. As Sensible Prepper demonstrates in this video, there’s at least a dozen survival uses for Vaseline.
Here’s his list:
- Moisturize dry, chapped, and sunburned skin.
- Protect small wounds, scrapes, and cuts.
- Lubricate metal parts on tools and gear.
- Clean dirt and sticky stuff off of hands.
- Lubricate old and stuck zippers.
- Keep old keys and locks working well.
- Moisturize chapped lips.
- Protect old, dried out leather.
- Protect extremeties from frostbite.
- Make a cottonball firestarter.
- Make a small candle with cotton.
- Prevent chafing when walking long distances.
Watch the video below to see these uses demonstrated.