Today I want to share a really cool tutorial I found by Survivalist Prepper. For a lot of people, money is tight, so buying little camp stoves for your bug out bag or whatnot can be a challenge. This is why it’s worth learning how to make your own things. This DIY alcohol stove requires a few cheap supplies you might already have and is fairly easy to make.
What you need:
- 70% rubbing alcohol.
- 2 inch piece of wood.
- Rubber mallet.
- Metal water bottle.
What to do:
- Use the wood to measure two inches from the top of the bottle, and use the marker to make a line around the bottle so you’ll know where to cut. Do the same at the bottom, but make the line about 1/16 of an inch more than 2 inches from the bottom.
- Use the dremel (or hacksaw, tin snips, or whatever you have) to cut off the top and bottom of the bottle.
- Turn the top of the bottle upside down and use the wood and a rubber mallet to hammer it into the bottom of the bottle.
- Make a line right below where the two pieces meet on the inside (where the top of the bottle curves inward toward the mouth) and drill 16 holes around the bottle with a 1/16 inch drill bit.
- Sand everything down with the sandpaper to get rid of the sharp edges.
- Pour two ounces of rubbing alcohol into it and swirl it around.
- Light it up, and wait until the flames are coming out the holes on the side.
- Put a pot or pan on top and enjoy. That’s all there is to it!
Watch the video below for more details.