Today I want to share a really cool tutorial I found by Survivalist Prepper. For a lot of people, money is tight, so buying little camp stoves for your bug out bag or whatnot can be a challenge. This is why it’s worth learning how to make your own things. This DIY alcohol stove requires a few cheap supplies you might already have and is fairly easy to make.
What you need:
- 70% rubbing alcohol.
- 2 inch piece of wood.
- Rubber mallet.
- Metal water bottle.
What to do:
- Use the wood to measure two inches from the top of the bottle, and use the marker to make a line around the bottle so you’ll know where to cut. Do the same at the bottom, but make the line about 1/16 of an inch more than 2 inches from the bottom.
- Use the dremel (or hacksaw, tin snips, or whatever you have) to cut off the top and bottom of the bottle.
- Turn the top of the bottle upside down and use the wood and a rubber mallet to hammer it into the bottom of the bottle.
- Make a line right below where the two pieces meet on the inside (where the top of the bottle curves inward toward the mouth) and drill 16 holes around the bottle with a 1/16 inch drill bit.
- Sand everything down with the sandpaper to get rid of the sharp edges.
- Pour two ounces of rubbing alcohol into it and swirl it around.
- Light it up, and wait until the flames are coming out the holes on the side.
- Put a pot or pan on top and enjoy. That’s all there is to it!
Watch the video below for more details.
Want to prep but not sure where to begin?
Click Here to Get Your FREE One Year Urban Survival Plan!