This week I want to share a video by Homestead Launch (formerly known as The Daily Prep). Everyone–and I mean everyone–makes mistakes. This is especially when it comes to prepping, which is a lot more complicated than it looks. Your best bet is to learn from the mistakes of others, and that is the purpose of this video.
For those who don’t like videos, I typed out the steps and a brief explanation of each below.
1. Polarizing to a Specific Survival “Hobby” – If you focus too much on one aspect of prepping, you’re going to miss out on other important areas.
2. Outsourcing Food Storage – You’re better off preserving your own food than buying lots of freeze dried foods that are expensive, unhealthy, and don’t even taste very good.
3. Outsourcing Your Bug Out Bag – As with food storage, you’re going to spend more money on a premade bag than on one you put together yourself. It also won’t have items that are specific to you and your location.
4. Planning To Be a Lone Wolf – It is a lot harder to survive on your own than you think. Your chances of survival are much higher if you’re part of a group or community.
6. Not Carrying Your EDC Everyday – What’s the point of having EDC items if you don’t carry them with you? Keep them on you at all times because you never know when a disaster will strike.
Want to prep but not sure where to begin?
Click Here to Get Your FREE One Year Urban Survival Plan!
If you’d like to hear a more detailed discussion of these mistakes, watch the video below.