Christmas is almost here! If you’re a prepper, survivalist, or homesteader (or whatever you call yourself), here are some things you might want to add to your wishlist. And if you know anyone who is into preparedness or self-sufficiency, get them something they’ll love.
Most of the items on this list should fit inside a standard Christmas stocking (in some cases, a large stocking). Whenever I could, I included links to the product page on Amazon.com.
For your convenience, I organized the items by cost. Most of them are less than $20, but for the big spenders there are a few items that are over $50. I hope this list of stocking stuffers for survivalists gives you some great gift ideas.
Less Than $10
1. 24-Piece Camp Cutlery Set – Lightweight yet heavy duty cutlery that can be washed and reused.
2. Apex72 Unbreakable Camping Mirror – A high-quality, unbreakable mirror that’s perfect for shaving or signaling for help.
4. Credit Card Knife – Fits in your wallet and unfolds into a sturdy knife.
6. Emergency Mylar Thermal Blankets – Lightweight blankets that will keep you warm in cold weather by retaining up to 90% of your body heat.
8. Emergency Rescue Howler Whistle – A very loud whistle that could save your life in an emergency.
9. Etekcity 5 Pack Camping Fire Starter – Lightweight but high quality magnesium flint and steel.
11. Flint Steel Fire Starter – Comes with a striker and 9 feet of paracord.
12. Gear Aid Outdoor Sewing Kit – High-quality needles and thread for repairing ripped clothing and outdoor gear.
13. Gerber Shard Keychain Tool – Lightweight and airline safe tool with multiple functions.
14. HDE Flashlight Keychain – A solar-powered emergency flashlight that only costs a dollar.
15. HyBeam Tactical Flashlight – A light yet heavy-duty flashlight that can be set to high, low, or strobe. Great quality for the price.
16. Lightweight Gas-Powered Stove – A high-quality stove for the price, and it’s light enough to take anywhere.
17. Microlight Flashlight – A mini LED water-resistant flashlight for your keychain with 4 functions.
18. Military Can Opener – Small, durable, lightweight, and only costs a few dollars.
19. Mini Cree Led Flashlight Torch – Very small and very bright with an adjustable focus zoom light lamp.
21. Paracord – An essential part of your survival preps. It’s 100% nylon and holds over 500 pounds.
22. Paracord Bracelet with Fire Starter and Sharp Eye Knife – Comes in a variety of colors.
23. Pocket Pal Multifunction Sharpener – Compact, lightweight, and sharpens all types of knives.
24. Potable Aqua Water Purification Tablets – 50 tablets and 50 PA Plus tablets to remove the taste of iodine.
26. Sabre Red Pepper Spray Key Ring – Easy to use pepper spray canister that sprays up to 10 feet away.
27. Solarrific Solar/ Handcrank LED Flashlight – A small light that fits right on your keychain.
28. Stansport All Purpose Utility Bucket – Made of heavy duty vinyl, holds up to 2.5 gallons, and folds up.
29. Stormproof Match Kit – A waterproof container with 25 matches that will burn anywhere, even under water.
30. TAC Force Assisted Opening Folding Knife – Good knife that is also a can opener and glass breaker.
31. Tinder-Quik Fire Tabs – These take up very little space and catch fire easily.
32. Ultimate Survival Technologies Wetfire Tinder – These burn at over 1300 degrees even when they’re wet.
33. Wilderness Survival Playing Cards – Each card teaches strategies and tips for surviving in the wild.
Less Than $20
34. 100 Hour Plus Emergency Candle Clear Mist – A smokeless, odorless candle that burns for days.
36. Barbasol Can Safe – Great way to hide money or valuables in plain sight.
37. Carabiner Grenade Survival Kit – Comes with paracord, a fire starter, fishing lines, and more.
38. Chainmate Survival Pocket Chain Saw – A lightweight, portable chain saw. Great for campers.
39. Coleman LED Mini Lantern – A small, bright lantern that weighs only 6 ounces and lasts 24 hours.
40. Coleman MicroPacker Compact Battery Lantern – Converts from a lantern to a flashlight and lasts 92 hours.
41. Conflicted: The Survival Card Game – By far the most popular card game among survivalists. It’s fun and it makes you think about possible survival situations.
42. Dental Medic Kit – Floss, cotton, and temporary fillings for when there is no dentist.
43. Gerber Machete with Nylon Sheath – Angled blade, ideal for clearing brush or limbs.
44. Emergency Survival Fishing Kit – Quality fishing gear in case you need to catch a meal.
45. Esbit Ultralight Folding Pocket Stove – A small, lightweight stove made from galvanized steel.
46. LifeHammer The Original Emergency Hammer – Breaks glass and cuts through seat belts.
47. Lifeline 26-Piece Ultralight Survival Kit – Comes in a weather-resistant roll-up bag.
48. Lifestraw Personal Water Filtration – Filters 265 gallons and you can drink directly from the water source.
49. Light My Fire Original Swedish Firesteel – Lasts for 12,000 strikes in any weather condition.
50. Medical Kit Trauma Pack with QuikClot – Includes gloves, bandages, gauze, and a hemostatic agent.
51. Paracord Survival Belt – A high-quality belt made from 130 feet of Paracord. Easy to wash and clean.
52. Primos Folding Saw – A durable saw that easily cuts through both wood and bone.
53. SAS Survival Guide – A pocket size illustrated guide that shows you how to survive in the wild in any climate.
54. Sawyer Mini Water Filtration System – Great EDC water filtration system. Great addition to any bug out bag.
55. Smith & Wesson Folding Knife With Glass Breaker and Seatbelt Cutter – A high-quality emergency tool.
56. Solar Air Lantern – An inflatable lantern that gives you 12 hours of light on a single charge. Great for bug out bags.
57. Solar External Battery Charger – Has a universal USB charging port that works for most types of phones.
58. Space Saver Cup – Great for boiling water, and it saves space by fitting around a standard water bottle.
59. Speed Stick Diversion Safe – Hide cash and jewelry in what looks like a stick of deodorant.
60. Survival Kit in a Sardine Can – Emergency medical supplies, nourishment, navigational aids & more.
61. Survival Garden Heirloom Seeds – 32 aarieties of all natural, non hybrid, non-GMO, heirloom vegetable seeds.
62. Titanium Spork – It’s a spoon on one end and a fork on the other end. Great utensil to have in your bug out bag.
63. U-Dig-It Stainless Steel Folding Shovel with Pouch – A sturdy shovel with a sharp digging point.
64. Urban Survival Playing Cards – Each card has urban survival tips and skills.
65. UST BlastMatch Fire Starter – Thousands of strikes that are 3 times hotter than a standard match.
66. Victorinox Swiss Army Classic SD Pocket Knife – A compact, high-quality Swiss Army pocketknife.
68. Zippo Emergency Fire Kit – A waterproof case with a flint spark wheel and wax-coated cotton tinder.
69. Zombie Apocalypse Survival Kit – Includes a compass, whistle, matches, razor blade, and more.
Less Than $50
70. Bahco Laplander Folding Saw – Durable, lightweight, and cuts right through wood or plastic.
71. BaoFeng Ham Two-Way Radio – Probably the best radio you can get for $30.
72. Bushnell Falcon Binoculars with Case – Powerful magnification for the price.
73. Case Cutlery Pocket Knife – This knife has stainless steel blades and a genuine bone handle.
74. Combat Application Tourniquet – Proven to reduce blood flow in trauma situations.
75. Encrypted Thumb Drive – Great for people who keep important documents on a thumb drive. This one is password protected and nearly impossible to hack.
76. Esbit 3-Piece Lightweight Camping Cook Set – A very small cook set that fits well in bug out bags. Comes with solid fuel tablets.
77. Gerber Myth Hatchet – Created for skinning and chopping game of all sizes.
78. Leatherman Freestyle Multi Tool – Features regular pliers, needlenose pliers, wire cutters, and more.
79. Leatherman Sidekick Multitool – A high-quality multi tool with 15 different functions.
80. LuminAID Solar Inflatable Light – A rechargeable light that lasts about 12 hours. It’s waterproof and can even float.
81. Lorann Oils Soap Making Kit – Great kit for making aromatic soaps in different shapes and colors.
82. Mason Jar Oil Lamp Burner – Convert ordinary mason jars into sturdy oil lamps.
83. Mini Stun Gun – This Vipertek stun gun is small, effective, rechargeable, and even includes an LED flashlight.
84. Power Bank – A portable USB power bank is a necessity for a bug out bag if you have any USB items with you.
85. Smith & Wesson Galaxy 13 LED Flashlight – A very sturdy flashlight that provides 30 hours of white light or 80 hours of red light.
86. Smith & Wesson Tactical Pen – A personal protection weapon that actually writes.
87. Streamlight LED Headlamp with Strap – This headlamp features 3 brightness settings and lasts up to 120 hours.
88. Survival Seed Vault – 20 varieties of heirloom seeds, all open pollinated & 100% non-GMO.
89. Suunto M-3 G Compass – A compact, high-quality compass designed for accurate direction taking.
Less Than $100
90. Cammenga 3H Tritium Military Compass – This battle-tested compass won’t ever let you down.
91. Cold Steel Master Hunter Knife – A heavy duty knife that will survive even the harshest weather.
92. Cold Steel Hunting Fixed Blade Knife – Stainless-steel blade, non-stick coat, strong clip point.
93. Ka-Bar Fixed Blade Knife – A lightweight yet very durable knife that can handle all your outdoor adventures.
94. Leatherman New Wave Multi Tool – 17 tools, 100% stainless steel, includes a lanyard attachment.
95. Portable Emergency Jump Starter – This amazing tool with jumpstart your car, charge your devices, work as a flashlight, and can even fit in your pocket.
96. Solo Stove Lite – The #1 backpacking compact wood-burning backpacking stove recommended by serious survivalists.
97. Steripen Adventurer Water Purifier – Compact UV water purifier designed for outdoor use.
98. Victorinox Swiss Army Knife Rescue Tool – Developed in collaboration with fire and rescue workers.
99. Victorio Food Strainer and Sauce Maker – Great for making sauces, juices and jams without peeling or coring.
100. Work Sharp Guided Field Sharpener – Complete knife sharpener for field, home or shop use.