Christmas is almost here! If you’re a prepper, survivalist, or homesteader (or whatever you call yourself), here are some things you might want to add to your wishlist. And if you know anyone who is into preparedness or self-sufficiency, get them something they’ll love.
Most of the items on this list should fit inside a standard Christmas stocking (in some cases, a large stocking). Whenever I could, I included links to the product page on Amazon.com, and as of this writing they all have at least a 4.5 star rating.
For your convenience, I organized the items by cost. Most of them are less than $20, but for the big spenders there are a few items that are over $50. I hope this list of stocking stuffers for survivalists gives you some great gift ideas.
Less Than $10
1. 100 Hour Plus Emergency Candle Clear Mist – A smokeless, odorless candle that burns for days.
2. Coleman 16-piece camp cutlery set – Lightweight yet heavy duty cutlery that can be washed and reused.
3. Columbia River Knife and Tool’s Eat N Tool – This multitool has a spoon, fork, bottle opener, and a carabiner.
4. Credit Card Knife – Fits in your wallet and unfolds into a sturdy knife.
5. EDT Mini Multitool – Includes pliers, a knife, a can opener, a screwdriver, and more.
6. Emergency Mylar Thermal Blankets – Lightweight blankets that will keep you warm in cold weather by retaining up to 90% of your body heat.
7. Everstryke Pro Firestarter – A waterproof lighter that will start a fire in any conditions. Good for up to 30,000 strikes.
8. Emergency Rescue Howler Whistle – A very loud whistle that could save your life in an emergency.
9. Firekable Paracord Bracelet – A bracelet made of 80 feet of Paracord. It also includes a whistle and a fire starter.
10. Gerber Bear Grylls Survival Series Fire Starter – Includes a whistle and a lanyard.
11. Gerber Shard Keychain Tool – Lightweight and airline safe tool with multiple functions.
12. HDE Flashlight Keychain – A solar-powered emergency flashlight that only costs a dollar.
13. HyBeam Tactical Flashlight – A light yet heavy-duty flashlight that can be set to high, low, or strobe. Great quality for the price.
14. Lightweight Gas-Powered Stove – A high-quality stove for the price, and it’s light enough to take anywhere.
15. Live Fire Original Emergency Fire Starter – Very small fire starter that can also be used as a candle.
16. Microlight Flashlight – A small, convenient light that turns on with a single swipe of the thumb.
17. Military Can Opener – Small, durable, lightweight, and only costs a few dollars.
18. Mini Cree Led Flashlight Torch – Very small and very bright with an adjustable focus zoom light lamp.
19. Mini Sewing Kit and Book – All the essential sewing supplies in a premium quality case.
20. Paracord – An essential part of your survival preps. It’s 100% nylon and holds over 500 pounds.
21. Paracord Bracelet with Fire Starter and Sharp Eye Knife – Comes in a variety of colors.
22. Pocket Pal Multifunction Sharpener – Compact, lightweight, and sharpens all types of knives.
23. Potable Aqua Water Purification Tablets – 50 tablets and 50 PA Plus tablets to remove the taste of iodine.
24. Rescue Card – A 16-in-1 survival tool that fits in your wallet. As of this writing, Ape Survival is giving these away for free. All you have to pay is the cost of shipping.
25. Sabre Red Pepper Spray Key Ring – Easy to use pepper spray canister that sprays up to 10 feet away.
26. SAS Survival Guide – A pocket size illustrated guide that shows you how to survive in the wild in any climate.
27. Solarrific Solar/ Handcrank LED Flashlight – A small light that fits right on your keychain.
28. Stansport All Purpose Utility Bucket – Made of heavy duty vinyl, holds up to 2.5 gallons, and folds up.
29. Stormproof Match Kit – A waterproof container with 25 matches that will burn anywhere, even under water.
30. Survival Kit in a Sardine Can – Emergency medical supplies, nourishment, navigational aids & more.
31. TAC Force Assisted Opening Folding Knife – Good knife that is also a can opener and glass breaker.
32. Tinder-Quik Fire Tabs – These take up very little space and catch fire easily.
33. Ultimate Survival Technologies StarFlash Signal Mirror – A high-quality, scratch resistant mirror that’s perfect for signaling for help.
34. Ultimate Survival Technologies Wetfire Tinder – These burn at over 1300 degrees even when they’re wet.
35. Wilderness Survival Playing Cards – Each card teaches strategies and tips for surviving in the wild.
36. Zippo Emergency Fire Starter Kit – A waterproof case with a flint wheel ignition and tinder sticks.
Less Than $20
37. Aquamira Frontier Emergency Water Filter System – A tiny water filter that can handle up to 30 gallons.
38. Barbasol Can Safe – Great way to hide money or valuables in plain sight.
39. Carabiner Grenade Survival Kit – Comes with paracord, a fire starter, fishing lines, and more.
40. Coleman LED Mini Lantern – A small, bright lantern that lasts up to 92 hours and converts into a flashlight.
41. Coleman MicroPacker Compact Battery Lantern – Converts from a lantern to a flashlight and lasts 92 hours.
42. Conflicted: The Survival Card Game – By far the most popular card game among survivalists. It’s fun and it makes you think about possible survival situations.
43. Dental Medic Kit – Floss, cotton, and temporary fillings for when there is no dentist.
44. Emergency Dental Kit – A small kit that provides temporary repair for dental emergencies.
Gerber Machete with Nylon Sheath – Angled blade, ideal for clearing brush or limbs.
45. Emergency Survival Fishing Kit – Quality fishing gear in case you need to catch a meal.
46. Esbit Ultralight Folding Pocket Stove – A small, lightweight stove made from galvanized steel.
47. LifeHammer The Original Emergency Hammer – Breaks glass and cuts through seat belts.
48. Lifeline 26-Piece Ultralight Survival Kit – Comes in a weather-resistant roll-up bag.
49. Lifestraw Personal Water Filtration – Filters 265 gallons and you can drink directly from the water source.
50. Light My Fire Original Swedish Firesteel – Lasts for 12,000 strikes in any weather condition.
51. Medical Kit Trauma Pack with QuikClot – Includes gloves, bandages, gauze, and a hemostatic agent.
52. Mini Stun Gun – This Vipertek stun gun is small, effective, rechargeable, and even includes an LED flashlight.
53. Outdoor Sewing Kit – An 18-piece sewing kit small enough to fit in your pocket.
54. Paracord Survival Belt – A high-quality belt made from 128 feet of Paracord. Looks great on men and women.
55. Primos Folding Saw – A durable saw that easily cuts through both wood and bone.
56. Smith & Wesson Rescue Knife, Glass Break, and Seatbelt Cutter – A high-quality emergency tool.
57. Solar Air Lantern – An inflatable lantern that gives you 12 hours of light on a single charge. Great for bug out bags.
58. Solar External Battery Charger – Has a universal USB charging port that works for most types of phones.
59. Space Saver Cup – Great for boiling water, and it saves space by fitting around a standard water bottle.
60. Speed Stick Diversion Safe – Hide cash and jewelry in what looks like a stick of deodorant.
61. Survival Seed Kit – 13 varieties of seeds, all high protein (beans, peas, broccoli, and more).
62. Titanium Spork – It’s a spoon on one end and a fork on the other end. Great utensil to have in your bug out bag.
63. U-Dig-It Stainless Steel Folding Shovel with Pouch – A sturdy shovel with a sharp digging point.
64. Urban Survival Playing Cards – Each card has urban survival tips and skills.
65. UST BlastMatch Fire Starter – Thousands of strikes that are 3 times hotter than a standard match.
66. Victorinox Swiss Army Classic SD Pocket Knife – A compact, high-quality Swiss Army pocketknife.
67. Work Sharp Guided Field Sharpener – Complete knife sharpener for field, home or shop use.
68. Xtreme Bright Escape Tool Light – It’s a flashlight AND a multitool. It includes a hammer, nightlight, screwdriver, seatbelt cutter, and more.
69. Zombie Apocalypse Survival Kit – Includes a compass, whistle, matches, razor blade, and more.
Less Than $50
70. Bahco Laplander Folding Saw – Durable, lightweight, and cuts right through wood or plastic.
71. BaoFeng Ham Two-Way Radio – Probably the best radio you can get for $30.
72. Bushnell Falcon Binoculars with Case – Powerful magnification for the price.
73. Case Cutlery Pocket Knife – This knife has stainless steel blades and a genuine bone handle.
74. Chainmate Survival Pocket Chain Saw – A lightweight, portable chain saw. Great for campers.
75. Combat Application Tourniquet – Proven to reduce blood flow in trauma situations.
76. Encrypted Thumb Drive – Great for people who keep important documents on a thumb drive. This one is password protected and nearly impossible to hack.
77. Esbit 3-Piece Lightweight Camping Cook Set – A very small cook set that fits well in bug out bags. Works with solid fuel tablets.
78. Gerber Myth Hatchet – Created for skinning and chopping game of all sizes.
79. Leatherman Freestyle Multi Tool – Features regular pliers, needlenose pliers, wire cutters, and more.
80. Leatherman Sidekick Multi Tool – A high-quality multi tool with 15 different functions.
81. LuminAID Solar Inflatable Light – A rechargeable light that lasts about 12 hours. It’s waterproof and can even float.
82. Lorann Oils Soap Making Kit – Great kit for making aromatic soaps in different shapes and colors.
83. Mason Jar Oil Lamp Burner – Convert ordinary mason jars into sturdy oil lamps.
84. Sawyer Mini Water Filtration System – Great EDC water filtration system. Great addition to any bug out bag.
85. Smith & Wesson Galaxy 13 LED Flashlight – A very sturdy flashlight that provides 30 hours of white light or 80 hours of red light.
86. Smith & Wesson Tactical Pen – A personal protection weapon that actually writes.
87. Streamlight LED Headlamp with Strap – This headlamp features 3 brightness settings and lasts up to 120 hours.
88. Survival Seed Supply – These heirloom seeds are non-gmo and come with step-by-step instructions.
89. Survival Seed Vault – 20 varieties of heirloom seeds, all open pollinated & 100% non-GMO.
90. Suunto M-3 D/L Compass – A compact, high-quality compass designed for accurate direction taking.
91. Victorio Food Strainer and Sauce Maker – Great for making sauces, juices and jams without peeling or coring.
Less Than $100
92. Cammenga 3H Tritium Military Compass – This battle-tested compass won’t ever let you down.
93. Cold Steel Master Hunter Knife – A heavy duty knife that will survive even the harshest weather.
94. Cold Steel SRK Knife – Stainless-steel blade, non-stick coat, strong clip point.
95. Ka-Bar Fixed Blade Knife – A lightweight yet very durable knife that can handle all your outdoor adventures.
96. Leatherman New Wave Multi Tool – 17 tools, 100% stainless steel, includes a lanyard attachment.
97. Portable Emergency Jump Starter – This amazing tool with jumpstart your car, charge your devices, work as a flashlight, and can even fit in your pocket.
98. Solo Stove Wood Burning Emergency Stove – The #1 backpacking stove recommended by serious survivalists.
99. Steripen Adventurer Water Purifier – Compact UV water purifier designed for outdoor use.
100. Victorinox Swiss Army Knife Rescue Tool – Developed in collaboration with fire and rescue workers.