Maybe you’ll find a better piece of gear, or a lighter alternative to something kind of heavy, or an item you hadn’t even considered. The point is, you should always be looking for ways to improve your bug out bag.
Want to save this post for later? Click Here to Pin It on Pinterest!
In this video, The Survival Outpost lists ten easy ways to upgrade your bug out bag. Here is his list:
1. Rain Cover – What if it rains? Would your bag and gear get soaked? Get a rain cover, especially one that will blend into your environment.
2. Portable USB Power Bank – Look for one that is waterproof and has a solar panel.
3. Paracord Spool – This keeps your paracord organized so it doesn’t turn into a knotted up mess.
4. Socks and Underwear – You need to have more changes of these than your other clothes, especially if it’s raining.
5. Medical Handbook – Even if you have training in first aid, there are still going to be lots of things you don’t know.
Want to prep but not sure where to begin?
Click Here to Get Your FREE One Year Urban Survival Plan!
7. Pocket Chainsaw – Very useful for building shelter and cutting firewood. It will save you a lot of time.
8. External Harddrive – You want to back up all your important documents and photos. Then when you reach your bug out location, you’ll have them.
9. Sanitation Kit – It’s difficult to stay clean while traveling on foot. A quality kit will make that easier.
10. Collapsible Water Container – These hardly take up any space and can still hold a lot of water.
This post was just a brief summary, so be sure to watch the video below for a much more detailed look at these bug out bag items.