If you’re the type of person who eats eggs every morning (or would like to), then why not raise some chickens in your backyard? As long as there are no laws against it in your area, there’s no reason not to.
Keeping chickens does take a little bit of work, but it is pretty easy considering how much you get out of it. Once you have everything set up, it shouldn’t take more than 15 minutes a day.
Want to save this post for later? Click Here to pin it on Pinterest!
In this video, City Prepping shares 10 simple tips for raising chickens in your backyard.
Here they are:
Want to prep but not sure where to begin?
Click Here to Get Your FREE One Year Urban Survival Plan!
- Check with your city ordinance.
- Find a local store that sells chickens.
- Chickens need a shelter.
- Chickens like to eat.
- Give them plenty of clean water.
- Chickens like dust baths.
- They produce a lot of poop.
- Temperature regulation is important.
- Make sure you have enough space for them.
- Just go for it!
Watch the video below to hear him go into more detail on these tips. For example: what to look for in a good shelter, what types of food to feed them, and so forth.