It’s getting cold out, which means it’s time to make sure you’re prepared for a winter power outage. If you don’t want to spend money on expensive propane space heaters and the like, you could try making your own space heaters, like VP Prepping & Survival does in this video.
All you need to make this emergency heater is:
- An empty, clean small paint can.
- 70% isopropyl alcohol (50% doesn’t burn well and 90% burns too fast).
- Big roll of toilet paper.
Here’s how to make it:
- Remove the coardboard inner roll from the toilet paper.
- Shove the toilet paper into the can (it should barely fit).
- Fill the can all the way up with alcohol (give the toilet paper time to soak it up).
- Now simply light it with a lighter.
- To put it out, just put the lad back on.
Watch him make it below:
This will only heat up a small space, but it’s safe to use indoors, the can doesn’t get very hot, and you could also use it as an emergency stove.
Now you might be wondering, does this heater actually work? Well, see for yourself. In the next video, he tries it out.