It’s getting cold out, which means it’s time to make sure you’re prepared for a winter power outage. If you don’t want to spend money on expensive propane space heaters and the like, you could try making your own space heaters, like VP Prepping & Survival does in this video.
All you need to make this emergency heater is:
- An empty, clean small paint can.
- 70% isopropyl alcohol (50% doesn’t burn well and 90% burns too fast).
- Big roll of toilet paper.
Here’s how to make it:
- Remove the coardboard inner roll from the toilet paper.
- Shove the toilet paper into the can (it should barely fit).
- Fill the can all the way up with alcohol (give the toilet paper time to soak it up).
- Now simply light it with a lighter.
- To put it out, just put the lad back on.
Watch him make it below:
Now you might be wondering, does this heater actually work? Well, see for yourself. In the next video, he tries it out.