Over the past couple years, several companies have started giving away free survival gear. You might be a little skeptical, and I don’t blame you. There is a catch: You have to pay the cost of shipping. But other than that, these products are completely free. The companies do this in hopes that you will sign up for one of their survival courses, but you don’t have to if you don’t want to. So if you’re trying to acquire survival items but you don’t have a lot of money, you should check out these products.
I’ve searched all over the Internet and compiled a list of all the free survival gear I could find. They come mostly from four companies: Ape Survival, Survival Frog, Survival Kit, and Survival Life. You can see my complete list of 30 free survival items below. I organized the products by category in case there’s a certain type of item you’re looking for. If you learn about any free survival products that aren’t on this page, please let me know! Without further ado, here is the list:
• EverStryke Match – A waterproof Ferro rod lighter that is good for up to 15,000 strikes.
• Everystryke Pro – A mini lighter that works even if it’s completely submerged in water.
• Fire Laces – Paracord shoelaces with built in Ferro rods for starting a fire.
• Fire Striker – A 4-in-1 tool with a magnesium fire starter, a saw, a compass, and an emergency whistle.
• FireKable – A durable paracord bracelet with a built-in Ferro rod and striker.
• Optic Fire Starter – A credit card sized magnifying glass that works as a fire starter.
• Ghost Vapor Flashlight – A bright, high-quality tactical flashlight.
• HyBeam Micro Flashlight – A mini flashlight that lasts up to 8 hours on one battery.
• Hybeam Poplamp – An LED light that can be used as a flashlight or “popped up” and used as a lantern.
• HyBeam Tactical Flashlight – The original HyBeam mini flashlight that can also be used as a weapon.
• J5 Tactical Flashlight – A mini tactical flashlight that is very bright for its size.
• Emergency Survival Blanket – A Mylar blanket that can be used for staying warm, making shelter, collecting water, and more.
• iPac T-Shirt – A shirt that lets you proclaim your second amendment rights.
• Israeli Bandages – A compression bandage that is ideal for serious wounds.
• Playing Cards – These aren’t your ordinary playing cards; they also have survival tips printed on them. This is a fun way to review and teach important survival info.
• RFID Blocker – Stop someone from scanning and stealing your credit card information by putting this in your wallet.
• FireKable Paracord Bracelet – A stylish paracord bracelet with a built in Ferro rod and striker.
• Paracord Grenade – A survival kit with 10 feet of paracord, a carabiner, a fire starter, tinder, and a mini straw.
• Paracord Survival Kit – This kit comes with a knife, a fire starter, tinder, fishing line, fishing hooks, and more.
• Patriotic Paracord Bracelet – A paracord bracelet in red, white, and blue with a built in whistle.
• 7 in 1 Survival Whistle – A multitool with a whistle, light, compass, thermometer, mirror, magnifying glass, and storage container.
• Auto Safety Tool – An auto bailout tool with a whistle, glass breaker, and seat belt cutter.
• Credit Card Knife – A surprisingly durable knife that fits in your wallet until you unfold it.
• EDT Mini Multitool – A mini multitool that comes with a knife, a screwdriver, a can opener, pliers, and more.
• Evac3 Escape Tool – An emergency tool to help you escape a car. Comes with a knife and a glass breaker.
• Rescue Card – A multitool that fits in your wallet. It has a knife, a saw blade, a screwdriver, a can opener, a bottle opener, and more.
• Survival Business Card – A wallet-size multitool that includes a knife, screwdriver, wrench, bottle opener, ruler, and more.
• Stinger Spy Pen – A high-quality tactical pen that even writes underwater.
• Strikepen – A functional, stainless steel pen. Discreet yet powerful.