One of the biggest problems with prepping is that it’s expensive. I think that’s why my post, 20 Uses For Baking Soda, was so popular. Instead of buying soap, dish soap, toothpaste, cleaners, deodorizers, etc., you can just buy a couple big bags of baking soda and save lots of money. Well, baking soda isn’t the only miracle product. There are also lots of apple cider vinegar beneifts.
People have known about the many benefits of apple cider vinegar for ages. Even as far back as 400BC, Hippocrates wrote about it. And in the mid-1950’s Dr. Jarvis wrote about it in his book, Folk Medicine. Unfortunately, most people would rather have the quick fix: an operation or prescription drug. But if you use apple cider vinegar on a regular basis, you could avoid many health problems in the first place.
Before I get to the list of apple cider vinegar benefits, I want to point out that it’s completely organic. It’s created when all-natural apple juice is fermented into apple cider then fermented again into apple cider vinegar. But make sure you buy the good stuff! Some of the popular brands have been filtered, heated or pasteurized and that ruins some of the health benefits. You also want to make sure it has “the mother” in it. The mother is a jelly-like substance at the bottom of the bottle. If it has that, it should be good. My personal favorite is Bragg Organic Apple Cider Vinegar, as seen in the picture on the right.
1. Acne. Mix ACV (apple cider vinegar) with 2 or 3 parts water and use a cotton ball to dab it on your skin. This mixture kills bacteria, balances your skin’s PH level and absorbs oil. Rinse about 10 minutes later and do this 3 times a day until the acne clears up.
2. Allergies. Mix 1/4 cup of ACV with a half cup of water and drink it three times a day. This improves digestion and makes it easier for the body to flush out toxins that lead to allergy problems.
3. Arthritis. The malic acid in ACV dissolves the uric acid crystals in joints which cause arthritic pain.
4. Cancer. The extremely powerful antioxidants in it help prevent cancer from developing in the first place.
5. Cleaning. Mix 1/2 cup of ACV with a cup of water and use the mixture to clean almost any surface in your kitchen or bathroom, including mirrors.
6. Colds and Flu. When your body’s PH levels are balanced, your immune system is better able to stop sickness before it starts.
7. Diabetes. When you take ACV before bed, your morning blood sugar levels are lowered. It also makes your blood sugar levels rise more slowly after you eat.
8. Digestive issues. ACV stops the spread of bad bacteria in the intestine, aids your stomach with digestion, and helps prevent acid reflux and heartburn.
9. Hair care. Mix 1/2 tablespoon with a cup of water and rinse your hair. Do this a few times a week and your hair will shine. It will also reduce dandruff.
10. Headache. If you mix a tablespoon with a cup of water and sip it slowly, your headache will be significantly dampened.
11. Heart health. Just one tablespoon a day can stop bad cholesterol, improve circulation and lower blood pressure.
12. Infections. Two tablespoons of ACV and a tablespoon of honey mixed into a glass of water can be good for sinus infections, bladder infections, and even yeast infections.
13. Pets. If your pet has fleas, fill a spray bottle with one part ACV and one part water and spray your pet’s fur lightly. Do this once a day until the fleas are gone.
14. Skin Pain. Mix 2 tablespoons with two cups of water, soak a cloth in the mixture, and apply it to sunburns or insect bites. If your sunburn is all over, mix a couple cups of ACV into a warm bath and soak in it for half an hour.
15. Weight loss. Apple cider vinegar helps keep your blood sugar down. That means your pancreas will produce less insulin and thus your body will store less fat. Taking ACV while dieting can make it a lot easier to lose weight.
If you know of any other apple cider vinegar benefits, let me know in the comments section below.
Thanks for reading! Sign up for our newsletter to get the One Year Urban Survival Plan for FREE!