This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase, I'll earn a small fee at no extra cost to you.*
Sometimes people complain when I post survival information that is “obvious” or “for newbies.” I understand where they’re coming from, but I think they’d be surprised just how many of my visitors are brand new preppers. I regularly get messages from people asking where to start or what to read first, so I’m going to keep publishing beginner info for their sake.
To that end, here is a pair of articles from The Prepper Journal with excellent prepping tips that every newbie should know. I list all the tips below (except for two from the second article because they were redundant), but if you want the details, go check out the articles themselves. Even experienced preppers ought to go over the basics occasionally in order to solidify the foundation of their preparedness knowledge.
- Come Up With a Plan
- Research More on Prepping Ideas
- Subscribe to Disaster Alerts
- Seek Alternative Ways of Communication
- What is in Your Bug Out Bag?
- Consider Storing Non-Perishable Food
- Dress for the Disaster
- Watch Prepping TV Shows and Documentaries
- Know How to Get Clean Water
- Check for Expired Food Items
- Rotate Clothing Based on Season
- Focus on “The Big Three”
- Read Survival/Prepping Books
- Invest in Iodine Solution
- Weigh Your Bug Out Bag
- Buy a Weapon
- Prep a Little Each Day