Five Powdered Foods Worth Storing
Powdered foods are a great option for people who want to store a lot of food but don’t have much space. As long as you have a reliable source of drinking water or a way to purify rain or river water, you’ll be in good shape. Below are what I consider some essential foods that are available in powdered form.
- Powdered Butter — This stuff doesn’t taste exactly like butter, but it’s close enough to where you can use it as a butter substitute when cooking. If it’s chilled, it has the same consistency as regular butter.
- Powdered Peanut Butter — Also a great substitute in any recipes that call for peanut butter. This product is a good source of protein and nutrients.
- Powdered Eggs — Another great source of protein. Powdered eggs don’t taste much like regular scrambled eggs, but the butter flavoring helps. A good option for breakfast.
- Powdered Cheese — One of the most important items of all. This cheese sauce is good for making macaroni and cheese, casseroles, nachos and more. The flavor and texture depends on how much water you use, so it works with a variety of recipes.
- Powdered Milk — Milk is one of the most important staples because of its high protein and calcium content. This product can be used for cereal or in any recipe that calls for milk.